Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for an outstanding Cook who’s passionate about food and wants to make a difference.
You’ll be working 40 hours a week across 7 days creating an excellent experience for the people in our care.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood:
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood is our new state-of-the-art PICU and Acute hospital for men, in Nottingham. The service will be opening in January 2024.
The service will feature three wards, including a 12 bed PICU ward and two 16 bed acute wards. Cygnet Hospital Sherwood will have a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and will support the acute needs of adults requiring rapid access to mental health services, including those who may need an intensive care environment
- Prepare, cook & serve nutritional, balanced and appetising meals
- Provide special diets, taking into account individual preferences & needs
- Liaise with nursing colleagues to meet patients’ nutritional & dietary needs
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, service areas & dining room
- Ensure compliance with health & safety standards and Food Hygiene Regulations
- Handle, maintain & store kitchen equipment in accordance with Cygnet procedures
- Use chemicals in line with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
- A skilled Cook who can work under pressure
- Preferably experienced in the care sector
- Able to plan nourishing & attractive menus within available budgets
- The holder of a food hygiene certificate, with good personal hygiene standards
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude to internal & external quests at all times
- An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
- Able to work under your own initiative, as part of a team & under supervision
- Qualified in catering to City & Guilds 1 & 2 level or NVQ Level 2/3
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.