Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Operative with a passion for making a difference to others.
You’ll be working full time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, helping provide a safe and healthy environment for the people in our care.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood:
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood is our new state-of-the-art PICU and Acute hospital for men, in Nottingham. The service will be opening in January 2024.
The service will feature three wards, including a 12 bed PICU ward and two 16 bed acute wards. Cygnet Hospital Sherwood will have a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and will support the acute needs of adults requiring rapid access to mental health services, including those who may need an intensive care environment
- Provide a comprehensive maintenance & repair service
- Carry out a range of tasks including basic joinery, plumbing, painting & general building work
- Maintain plant, services & vehicles in working order
- Comply with safe working practices & report faulty equipment & potential hazards
- Travel to other sites & on occasions be on call to carry out emergency repairs outside of normal working hours
- Check the fire alarm points weekly, including fire exits, door retaining devices & fire emergency lights
- Experienced in all types of painting and decorating in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Willing to travel & hold a full valid driving licence
- Able to communicate at all levels & record detailed, accurate maintenance information
- Skilled at DIY & general maintenance
- Preferably Level 2 Diploma qualified in Painting & Decorating/Maintenance
- Friendly, conscientious & an excellent team member with a positive attitude
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.