Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Mental Health Act Administrator
Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Act Administrator to join our new service, Cygnet Hospital Sherwood.
You will be joining the team on a full time, 40 hour per week basis, Monday - Friday.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood:
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood is our new state-of-the-art PICU and Acute hospital for men, in Nottingham. The service will be opening in January 2024.
The service will feature three wards, including a 12 bed PICU ward and two 16 bed acute wards. Cygnet Hospital Sherwood will have a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and will support the acute needs of adults requiring rapid access to mental health services, including those who may need an intensive care environment
- Scrutinising section papers and checking that relevant paperwork is present and correct.
- Ensuring that diaries and spreadsheets are updated with listings of hearings
- Notifying all parties concerned regarding report deadlines and dates of hearings
- Chasing up reports for all Tribunal and Managers Hearings
- Contacting Hospital Managers and arranging their attendance at Hearings
- Assist the Tribunal Clerk when required to do so, ensuring that the room is set up, paperwork available and collecting visitors from reception and to liaise with the Tribunal panel in the absence of the Clerk
- Data input of Section within the Mental health Act spreadsheet
- Complete Mental Health Act Audits using Corporate Template for All Wards.
- Liaise with external Agencies & the Multi-disciplinary Team within the Hospital setting
We are looking for people who have:
- Previous administration experience including report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with qualifications in English and Maths
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Experience of working in a Healthcare environment alongside medical practitioners is desirable
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) is desirable
- Knowledge of compliance and auditing systems required by regulatory bodies (CQC) is desirable
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the APPLY button below.