Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Clinical / Forensic Psychologist - CAMHS
Are you an outstanding Qualified Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Qualified Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our patients– it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Hospital Sheffield:
Cygnet Hospital Sheffield offers a low secure service for women and CAMHS services for male and female adolescents over three distinct wards.
Griffin Ward is a 15 bed low secure service that positively supports young people who may need a longer stay in an inpatient setting within a low secure environment. It offers a care and treatment pathway for individuals who may have complex mental health issues and whose needs and risk are such they need to be supported in this environment.
- You’ll be working 40 hours a week
- Work as a team Psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues, & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
- Expereince within a CAMHS setting preferred but not essential
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.