Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Preceptor Psychologist - Part time
Are you an outstanding Clinical / Forensic / Counselling Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a preceptor Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs. You will be working part time, 20hrs per week over a 2.5 days.
Please note, this role is also open to trainee Psychologists within their last 12 months of qualifications.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Hospital Bierley:
Cygnet Hospital Bierley provides a range of acute and low secure mental health services for men and women.
The hospital is set across four wards offering single-sex male and female specialist mental health services. All our services are provided under the umbrella of a recovery orientated approach and are reviewed through the CPA framework.
You will be joining an established Psychology team which consists of a Head of Psychology, Qualified Psychologist and Assistant Psychologist.
- Work as a team Psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues, & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with experience in a clinical forensic or mental health setting
- Trainee Psychologist due to qualify within 12 months
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT but not essential
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to email@example.com
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.