Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Qualified Psychologist - Clinical / Forensic / Counselling - FTC
Are you an outstanding Qualified Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Clinical / Counselling / Forensic Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs to join us at Cygnet Sherwood lodge on a part time, 24hr per week basis for a 9-12 month fixed term contract.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Sherwood Lodge:
At Cygnet Sherwood Lodge, we support 26 men with learning disabilities and associated complex needs who may also have behaviours that challenge.
When individuals come to Cygnet Sherwood Lodge they can often be mentally and emotionally unstable due to varying reasons. We believe that by creating a calm and inviting environment we can enhance a person’s progress and self-esteem to help them on their care pathway towards a less restrictive setting.
- Work as a team Psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues, & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with experience in a clinical forensic or mental health setting
- Candidates due to qualify within 6 months will also be considered
- Preferably trained in some complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT but not essential
- Experience and an interest working with autism and learning disabilities.
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems and other challenging behaviours.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.