Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Infection Prevention & Control and Physical Health Care Nurse
Are you a experienced Nurse with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet are looking for a Infection Prevention and Control and Physical Health Care Nurse to join our team.
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
It’s challenging work, with excellent career prospects, and you'll reap the rewards of empowering others.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to talk to you!
The post holder will work as a key member of IPC and Nursing Education Team, supervised by the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention Control.
To work autonomously in the provision of specialist advice on all matters related to IPC and physical health within the organisation.
The post holder will work closely with the organisations multi-disciplinary teams (where they are present) supporting IPC and physical health practices across sites within Cygnet in health and social care.
- The development and implementation of local and national IPC & Physical Health policies and initiatives
- Outbreak management and investigations
- Biosecurity of the organisation maintaining our COVID-19 ‘Green’ status
- IPC and physical health related audits
- Delivery of IPC and Physical Health training
- Provide clinical expertise to service users are identified with healthcare acquired infections and other physical health related conditions
- Support clinical areas to maintain biosecurity measures
- Support an effective and high quality service user-focused service that is sensitive to the needs of users and providers and act as an expert resource to staff assessing and treating service users with healthcare acquired infections or health related conditions.
- Maintains a clinical visibility at ward/ Hospital / departmental / residential level by being accessible to ensure that attitudes and working practices reflects the Infection Prevention and Control teams commitment to a continual improvement in the quality of the service
We’re looking for someone who is…
- Registered Nurse /Current NMC registration
- Teaching and assessing experience
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge in infection prevention and control issues.
- Ability to assess risks associated with occupational exposure (i.e. sharps injuries) and provides specialist guidance and signposting to treatment and support in line with Cygnet Policies and procedures
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- 50% of NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme and employee discount savings.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Informal enquiries are encouraged, please contact Vickie on VickiePeters@cygnethealth.co.uk
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.