Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for a Clinical Manager (RMN) with a passion for delivering outstanding care!
Cygnet Nield House in Crewe is our 29-bed mental health hospital for women.
Cygnet Nield House is split into two distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
- Clarion Ward, a 14 bed complex personality disorder service for women with a dual diagnosis of personality disorder and co-morbid disordered eating.
- Compton Ward, a 15 bed acute service for women. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for women who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
Our person-centred service has been designed with wellness in mind, providing a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery. We are dedicated to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact service users’ lives.
- Ensure that the highest standard of clinical care is provided, therapeutically based on a named nurse/team nursing approach
- Co-ordinate clinical aspects of the hospital and to ensure a sound co-operation between the clinical departments in the interests of delivering an excellent service to patients
- To be conversant with, and implement, all relevant policies, procedures and regulations, whether clinical or administrative or representing interface between the two areas
- Update legal documentation in consultation with other colleagues in accordance with company guidelines, NMC guidelines, legislation and current research
- Support staff in delivering a high standard of care through regular appraisals, training and development of evidence/research based practice
- To be fully up to date with all statutory law, eg. CQC minimum standards, and to do whatever is necessary to ensure that the hospital complies
- Participate in the Manager's on-call system to provide the second point of contact for ward based staff, outside of normal working hours
- To have day-to-day line management responsibility for the Ward and Therapy Managers
- To work closely with the Hospital Manager to respond to matters arising, resolve concerns and provide cohesive leadership
- To act up as required by the Hospital Manager
You will have...
- Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a valid pin number (at least 4 years’ experience) and drivers' licence
- Understand responsibility to statutory and non-statutory organisations and able to communicate confidently at all levels
- Currently operating as a Clinical Manager / Ward manager or significant experience in a Senior Nursing role
- Excellent relationship management with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. CCGs and CQC)
- Have experience in Acute, Rehabilitation, Mental Health or Forensic Psychiatry
- Have evidence of functioning in a supervisory role as a clinician in a similar setting within a multi-disciplinary team
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.