Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Head of Social Work
We are looking for a confident, compassionate & committed Social Worker to join our team as Head of Social Work at Cygnet Hospital Stevenage.
It’s an excellent opportunity to progress your career as a valued member of a supportive team.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our clients – it's a challenging, satisfying vocation.
Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
So if you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage:
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage offers a range of secure and PICU and acute mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living.
- Supervise the Social Work Team, maintain and promote professional social work standards and provide professional leadership.
- Act as a Practice Educator to develop the knowledge, values and practice skills of student social workers and social workers in their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- Provide expertise, and advice to others in order to ensure a safe, effective, high quality service that is compatible with relevant policies, procedures and protocols.
- A Registered Social Worker with Social Work England
- A relevant Social Work qualification
- Experienced in working within a mental health setting, or passionate about working in this field
- Knowledgeable of safeguarding, health & safety, data protection, confidentiality issues & equality & diversity
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Skilled in report writing with excellent literacy skills and attention to detail
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities, including into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, expert supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion please contact Vicky on VickyLinstead@cygnethealth.co.uk
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.