Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Clinical / Forensic / Counselling Psychologist
Are you an innovative Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care? Working at the cutting edge of community care.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
We need a Qualified Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs. So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We have an exciting opportunity for either newly or recently qualified Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologists, we would also welcome applications from Principal Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologists as well as applications from Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologists in Doctoral training on a preceptorship (trainee’s within 12 months of qualifying).
Cygnet Gledholt and Gledholt Mews
The Gledholt sites are unique enhanced community residential services providing outcome focused support for adults with learning disabilities/ mental health, who may have behaviours that challenge and associated complex needs, and are a high risk of relapse. These individuals are managed with collaborative care planning based on a bespoke clinical model that is an organic formulation linked to our exclusive Visual Discharge Plan (VDP).
It’s a service designed to manage community relapse working closely with ICB, community enhanced teams, police. A/E. The model of care is unique in itself as it enhances understanding of self-perception and the appraisal of stressors. This model is equally applied to staff and residents alike. Based on a behaviour consequence model and understanding how perceptions determine behaviour response it enhances and promotes problem solving as a reflex coping. Rated as outstanding in well-led by the CQC. The Gledholt sites have a well-established clinical reputation for delivering quality care throughout Kirklees and Yorkshire.
The post-holder will have a key role in providing:
- In liaising with the service manager (Lead Nurse Clinician) in discussing formulation and clinical direction of the residents.
- May be required to engage with In reach work prior to admission
- Will be supporting service manager with the management of the MDT
- Specialist psychological assessments, interpretation from psychological tests, semi-structured interviews, individual and group therapy. You will also consider potential risks and social needs of the client group, relevant to their diagnosis.
- Collaboratively work with the clinical model and VDP developing care pathways risk assessments and care plans with the MDT.
- You will work as part of a dedicated clinical team providing a multi-disciplinary approach to rehabilitation in a therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
- You will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area and provide consultation about the psychological care of the client group to staff, families and other agencies.
- As a HCPC Registered Psychologist, you will have a pivotal role in the training and clinical supervision of Assistant Psychologists. You will also have involvement in audit, policy, service development along with the assessment and interpretation of outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with experience in a clinical forensic or mental health setting
- Trainee Psychologist within 12 months of qualifying
- Able to work effective as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Compassion Focused and DBT, but not essential
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of working with difficulties such as physical & verbal aggression, history of offending, drug and alcohol problems and self-harm.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Free parking
- Free meals for staff on duty
- Group pension plan
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card (includes big brand discounts)
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Clinical supervision and peer support
Plus much more…
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays and leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in and out of work.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.