Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Highly Specialist Speech And Language Therapist
Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist (Band 7)
Part time £18,600 - £21,000 (£46,500 - £52,500 WTE – incl. HCAS)
16 hours per week (2 days)
Cygnet Harrow, London Road, Harrow on the Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3JL
We are offering a £4000 relocation package (pro rata) for this post!
Cygnet Hospital Harrow provides a recovery focused service treating a wide range of mental health problems. We also offer specialist diagnostic, assessment and inpatient services for individuals with mental health needs and who also have a dual diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. The service aims to help people stabilise with appropriate support and return to the community or the least restrictive environment as quickly as possible.
The role involves working with our patients to maximise their potential and to enable them to enjoy the best possible quality of life via the delivery of an evidence-based SLT service that promotes effective functional communication, social skills development, collaborative working and an appropriate total communication environment. You will be working directly with patients to assess their communication needs and provide input into their therapeutic programmes that formulate part of their wider care pathway from admission to discharge. As part of a full multi-disciplinary team on-site, you will work with all staff across the hospitals to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach demonstrating a range of skills, knowledge and abilities relating to autism spectrum disorders. The successful applicant will work within 1 unit; Springs Wing and be accountable for clinical supervision and mentoring of two full time onsite SLTs. You will also create service development plans and raising awareness to the role of SLT within Cygnet Harrow’s inpatient services.
In return we offer:
- Expert Clinical Supervision and peer support
- Regular meetings and networking with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists
- Great CPD, developmental and leadership Opportunities
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Free meals and free parking
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme, wellness centre and discount centre including NHS discount and Blue Light Card.
- Group pension helping you save for your future
- Relocation package of up to £4000pa.
Full induction training is given and you will receive clinical supervision through the Clinical lead SLT for Learning Disability and Autism Hospitals.
We are looking for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Experience in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health Conditions.
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning.
- Knowledge of key national drivers for inpatient services such as Transforming Care, Five RCSLT Good Communication Standards.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
You must be a Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered SLT. Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please email your CV directly to CeliaJarvis@cygnethealth.co.uk
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.