Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Principal Psychologist - CAMHS
Are you an outstanding Qualified Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Clinical / Forensic or Counselling Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs to join our team as a Principal Psychologist.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our service users is a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital:
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital is our state-of-the-art Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) hospital in Coventry.
To provide a qualified psychology input to the MDT and service users across Joyce Parker Hospital; providing highly specialist psychological clinical and psychological assessment to Dragon ward (Low Secure Unit) and, where required, to the wider hospital. To deliver therapy and offer advice and consultation on service users’ psychological care to non-psychology colleagues and to other professionals. To work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the Department’s policies and procedures. To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the area served by the Department.
- Work as a team Psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations & publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical / Forensic or Counselling Psychologist with experience in a forensic or mental health setting
- Minimum 2 years qualified experience
- Experience working within a CAMHS service or a keen interest of working with Adolescents.
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical & DBT
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending & drug & alcohol problems.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.