Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our state-of-the-art, 65 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the new Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen at Cygnet Maidstone for a trained Fitness Instructor to work across the hospital delivering patient-centred individual and group activity and fitness programmes both within the Hospital and in the local community.
This is a 37.5 hours per week role, which will involve working a mix of days, evenings and weekends which gives the successful applicant an opportunity for flexible working.
The Hospital has a fully equipped Gym on site, and a large Astroturf area. The role will provide opportunities for further training and development.
So if you are passionate about ensuring those with mental health problems have access to excellent physical health and fitness support and want to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
The post holder will:
- Be an experienced or newly qualified trainer with at least Level 2 Certificate in fitness instructing (awarded by Active IQ, City & Guilds, CYQ and VTCT) or OCR Level 2 Certificate in teaching exercise and fitness
- Work collaboratively with the Heads of Service and Multi-disciplinary teams across the Hospital to deliver needs led and patient-centred activity and fitness provision to the patient group
- Be skilled at motivating people with compassion to engage in exercise in order to support their physical and mental health
- Design and deliver an inclusive and responsive exercise service that has the flexibility to meet the needs and capitalise on the strengths of the people in the hospital
- Work alongside the OT and therapies team
- Empower your clients to reach their health & fitness goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Attend supervision and training as required by your line manager, both to support and educate you on your career development
We are looking for people who have...
- Have previous experience of working as a Fitness Instructor.
- Preferably have experience in working with people who have mental health problems
- Highly organised, with a positive attitude
- Proactive ability to problem solve
- A confident facilitator of activities in this field
- Knowledgeable of suitable activities & pastimes to support mental health service users both Adults and Young People
- Positive in your approach to working with challenging behaviours
- Experienced in planning, resourcing & carrying out events & activities
In return we will offer you:
- Supervision & peer support
- Opportunities for learning & development
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Free lunch while on duty
- Free parking
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in the role, please apply below or forward over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.