Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for an outstanding Second Chef who’s passionate about food and wants to make a difference.
You’ll be working 37.5 hours a week worked over 5 days – including weekdays and weekend days on a rota basis - at Cygnet Hospital Bury, creating an excellent experience for the people in our care.
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
Each service user has a bedroom with en suite facilities and a range of communal spaces including a gym, laundry, occupational therapy kitchen, therapy garden and woodland walkways down to the Elton Reservoir.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
- Prepare, cook & serve nutritional, balanced and appetising meals
- Provide special diets, taking into account individual preferences & needs
- Liaise with nursing colleagues to meet patients’ nutritional & dietary needs
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, service areas & dining room
- Ensure compliance with health & safety standards and Food Hygiene Regulations
- Handle, maintain & store kitchen equipment in accordance with Cygnet procedures
- Use chemicals in line with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- A skilled Chef/Cook who can work under pressure
- NVQ level 2 Food qualification or equivalent level of experience is preferred.
- At least 2 years’ catering experience with solid experience and application of food safety, allergens awareness and pro-actively dealing with customer feedback
- Able to plan nourishing & attractive menus within available budgets
- The holder of a food hygiene certificate, with good personal hygiene standards
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude to internal & external quests at all times
- An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
- Able to work under your own initiative, as part of a team & under supervision
- Experience in a hospital, care home, large school or company canteen is preferable
- Flexible, a good team player and a proactive approach to work are essential
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.