Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Cygnet Hospital Churchill, located in Lambeth, South London is a 57 bed inpatient mental health hospital for men
We are looking for a highly motivated, well organised and capable individual to act as a Maintenance Manager. You must have previous experience in a similar role with knowledge of PPM schedules and health and safety.
You will work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday in a hospital setting.
Please note this will be an on the tools role as you will be expected to carry out repairs as well as office based management with a work ratio of 30% paperwork 70% physical labour.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organization that cares about helping people.
- The routine maintenance, repair and installation work completed on site ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation
- Oversee all refurbishment work within the service and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Inspect site regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Supervise the maintenance team and train workers.
- Coordinate daily cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Maintain all inventory and equipment, and ensure proper storage.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and practices on site.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work.
- Conduct follow-ups on all maintenance and repair work.
- Conduct safety inspections as scheduled.
- Establish strategies to meet workload demands on time.
- Experience of working in the building trade/estates management.
- Experience in supervising and managing others.
- Experience of good working practice.
- Awareness of H&S, COSHH and RIDDOR regulations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise own work and work towards targets/deadlines.
- Good IT skills.
- Full UK Driving Licenece
- Awareness of the Mental Health Environment and risks involved.
- Ability to work as an active member of the hospital team.
- Demonstrate awareness of Estates Legislation.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- NHS Discount and the Blue Light Card
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in the role, please apply below or forward over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.