Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for a passionate, focused and experienced Service Manager to join us at our sites at Cygnet Conifers and Marion House.
Conifers is a specialist residential home providing outcome focused care for adults with a primary diagnosis of profound to moderate learning disability and autism with associated complex needs. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective environment, promoting independence and community integration. Person-centred planning is at the heart of everything we do, based on each person’s specific needs. We understand that consistency and continuity of care is important for the individuals we support.
Marion House is a specialist residential service for adults with autism and moderate to severe learning disabilities, who may have behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective environment, promoting independence and community integration. Person-centred planning is at the heart of everything we do, based on each person’s specific needs. We understand that consistency and continuity of care is important for the individuals we care for.
At Cygnet you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on clients and their families. It's a challenging role with excellent career prospects, and you'll reap the rewards of empowering others with your focus on high quality of care. Your focus on enabling patient recovery in a compassionate setting will help us achieve our goals – and yours.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, our Service Managers are responsible for providing strong and effective leadership to the onsite team in order to ensure the integrity of all functions within the service, to include; Clinical, Finance, HR, Recruitment and Support Services. You will be responsible for the overall day to day running and strategic direction of the service.
To be compliant with CQC / regulatory requirements and to ensure all clinical, budgetary, regulatory and service development targets are met. You will also implement risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the service.
To be responsible for the provision of a high-quality service, both in respect of client care and employee engagement.
Ensure effective bed management and coordination of referrals and assessments of service user’s in conjunction with the Clinical Team / Deputy Manager.
In this role, you will also lead on appropriate investigations (as required), participate in audit requirements and ensure all group policies and procedures are adhered to. Reviewing and developing potential opportunities for improved quality and commercial growth is also a key requirement.
You will have…
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience of leading a team
- QCF Level 5 preferred although could be achieved in post.
- The ability to work as part of a team; lead by example, manage performance effectively and use own initiative
- Experience of working to CQC guidelines, relevant legislation and professional regulations
- Experience undertaking investigations and/or the ability to manage complaints appropriately and in a confidential manner
Desirable: Qualifications in Leadership & Management / Health & Social Care
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to VickyLinstead@cygnethealth.co.uk
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.