Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Are you a proactive and motivated individual keen to gain work experience in the Mental Health Care field?
We are looking for an Activities Coordinator with a passion for delivering excellent care to develop, plan and implement activities for our patients based on Bearsted Ward, our male PICU service at Cygnet Hospital Maidstone.
As an Activities Coordinator your main job role will be to co-ordinate, design and deliver a co-produced, personalised activity programme, that is occupationally balanced, risk-assessed and fully resourced, so that all individuals have the opportunity and are encouraged to engage in at least 25 hours of meaningful activity each week.
You will work as part of the ward nursing team, and closely with other Hospital departments and teams and must be flexible and able to work a shift pattern which covers evenings and weekends on a rota basis. We will also consider part time hours.
Previous experience of working in a Mental Health hospital is preferable, but not essential as full training will be provided and ongoing opportunities for professional development.
In this role you will:
- Support Occupational Therapy team in delivering meaningful activity to patients
- Complete interest checklists with individuals to identify their activity preferences
- Contribute towards the planning, coordination and delivery of personalised therapeutic activity programmes within established protocols using indirect supervision, working autonomously and as part of a team.
- Create and update activity risk assessments, in relation to timetables.
- Ensure the provision of staff, space & materials for all activities
- Share information effectively and concisely in routine situations (effective daily documentation; attendance at meetings to handover information; face to face handovers of information to colleagues)
In return we’ll offer you:
- £1,000 welcome bonus
- Paid Holiday including 2 extra days annual leave for your birthday and anniversary date
- Employee NHS - discount savings (Bluelight Card)
- Regular coaching and support
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free Private Health Care
- Subsidised meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our state-of-the-art, 63 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
The hospital is purpose built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment. The hospital will provide an important and much-needed service for local patients from Kent.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Click apply now or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.