Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Specialist Occupational Therapist (Band 6)
Are you a confident Band 6 who would like to develop clinical skills working with emotionally unstable personality disorder patients (Tier 4 Personality Disorder ward)?
We are seeking an exceptional OT for this specialism.
Post: Specialist (Band 6) Occupational Therapist
Base: Cygnet Hospital Beckton (Female Personality Disorder) – New Dawn Ward.
Responsible for: The post holder will be responsible for the 18 beds on New Dawn ward and the supervision of the ward occupational therapy assistant.
Responsible to: Head OT (based at Cygnet Hospital Beckton) and Regional OT (based at Cygnet Hospital Churchill)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm
Location: Cygnet Hospital Beckton, 23 Tunnan Leys, Beckton, London, E6 6ZB
Join our supportive friendly multi-disciplinary team in the London Borough of Newham and make an application today.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Head OT Jennifer Beal firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Specialist Recruiter Alma Matei AlmaMatei@cygnethealth.co.uk
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups and become involved in service development.
Overview of site/Ward:
New Dawn Ward at Cygnet Hospital Beckton is an 18-bed specialist Tier 4 Personality Disorder service. Women can be admitted to New Dawn if they have a diagnosis of personality disorder, exhibit self-harming behaviour and are able to accept the need for help. Service users can be informal or detained under the Mental Health Act.
The service is structured so that there are two distinct areas in the ward aligned with the care pathway; pre-engagement and engagement. Following admission, a 12 week assessment period is undertaken to establish needs and determine the appropriate treatment pathway. Upon completion of the 12 weeks’ assessment, a clear pathway will be formulated with the service user and discussed in their first CPA (Care Programme Approach) meeting.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team and provide direct clinical care which will encompass occupational therapy assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an occupational therapy treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly. This will involve access to both onsite and community resources.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care passionately about the people in our services and the staff who support them.
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills.
- You will be a part of a wider OT service which consists of Cygnet Hospital Beckton, Cygnet Hospital Blackheath and Cygnet Lodge Lewisham. In addition to being part of the OT Team, you will be a valued member of the multi-disciplinary team (including medical, nursing, psychology, social work) but you will also have the opportunity to work autonomously.
- National networks of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS.
- A bustling London location with great public transport links, community links, beautiful parks and historical landmarks such as the Greenwich Royal Observatory or the Cutty Sark.
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- Experienced in the field of adult mental health
- Working as a Band 5 or Band 6 OT
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Able to effectively lead a team with support from the Deputy Head OT
- Excellent communication, organised and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
- Demonstrate confident IT skills
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary £45,000 - £53,000 p/a (DOE)
- £1,000 welcome bonus
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership and Management, Sensory Integration
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert on site clinical supervision and peer support via the OT Development Meetings
- Monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and service development
- Company pension scheme
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.