Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech And Language Therapist
Speech and Language Therapist (Band 5 equivalent)
Salary £28,500-£33,931 (DoE)
Permanent contract, 40 hours per week
Sherwood Lodge, Rufford Colliery Lane, Rainworth, Mansfield, NG21 0HR
Cygnet Group is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a Speech and Language Therapist at Cygnet Sherwood Lodge.
Cygnet Sherwood Lodge is an ‘outstanding’ 17 bed specialist high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities and complex needs. The hospital has a further nine bed step-down service, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will have a unique opportunity to deliver an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within an in-patient environment. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use expert skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful inclusive communication environment. You will be accountable to the Director of Speech and Language Therapy for Healthcare and the on-site service manager.
This post would suit a newly qualified SLT or an SLT with 1 year post-graduate SLT experience.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Placement experience or strong interest in the field of Learning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health Conditions
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning and coproduction
- Knowledge of legislation and guidance pertaining to Learning Disability practice
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
In return we offer:
- Clinical Supervision from a specialist SLT in this field of practice, support in the completion of RCSLT NQP Competencies and access to a band 5 Development Forum
- Access to over 50 SLTs working nationwide working in similar settings and varied specialisms
- Regular CPD, development and networking opportunities
- Free meals during working hours and free parking
- Employee referral scheme
- Enhanced maternity
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings, Blue Light Card & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Full induction training is given.
How to Apply
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now. For more information please contact our in-house recruiter Celia Jarvis on 07702 847 341 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT (Healthcare) on 07885 476 384.
To find out more about us please visit www.cygnethealth.co.uk
To find out more about what it is like working for Cygnet SLT please visit:
Please note, if sufficient applicants are received this advert may close prior to the date shown above.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.