Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and creative person to deliver activities programmes to our patients in one of our CAMHS (Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services) Wards.
You will be working on a full time basis, 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday) at Cygnet Hospital Bury,
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
Each service user has a bedroom with en suite facilities and a range of communal spaces including a gym, laundry, occupational therapy kitchen, therapy garden and woodland walkways down to the Elton Reservoir.
Each of the wards have access to their own Therapy resources including an OT kitchen and an Activity Room in addition to other shared resources within the buildings including a hospital gym and our Recovery College.
You will be responsible for providing direct clinical interventions under the direction of the Ward Manager and guided by an experienced qualified Occupational Therapist.
In this role you will plan, implement and develop an activity programme to meet the patients’ needs as a group and as individuals. This will be designed following guidance from the OT to plan activities to support individuals with their recovery in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
You will make a daily record of your work completed with all individuals. You will spend a minimum of 70% of your time in direct face to face contact with the individuals in our care.
Joint working across different wards may occasionally be required and this will provide you with additional learning and professional development opportunities. In house and external training is provided (as required) to support you to develop your professional skills.
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- Experience in the field of mental health - desired
- An understanding of mental health recovery and rehabilitation
- An understanding of the role of ‘meaningful activity’ in rehabilitation
- Can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, IT skills and time management skills
- Have lots of hobbies and interests to bring to the role
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary of £11.17 per hour rising after successful completion of a 6 month probationary period and at another review after 18 months of service.
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development.
- Clinical supervision from an Occupational Therapist or other qualified clinician.
- Company pension scheme
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.