Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Cygnet Woking is a private hospital offering a range of mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to carry out the day-to-day maintenance on the fabric of the building, its services and grounds in order to ensure that the hospital is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
No specific qualifications needed however applicants will need to have a general background of maintenance work i.e. carpentry, plumbing, painting and decorating and ideally be a car driver.
You will work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4pm.
- Undertake day-to-day maintenance and planned remedial works to keep plant, services and vehicles in working order, keeping records of call-outs and routine checks as directed.
- Carry out a range of tasks including basic joinery, plumbing, painting & general building work
- Maintain equipment, services & vehicles
- Comply with safe working practices & report faulty equipment and potential hazards
- Travel to other sites & on occasions be on call to carry out emergency repairs outside of normal working hours
- Check the fire alarm points weekly, including fire exits, door retaining devices & fire emergency lights
We are looking for people who have...
- Previous experience working within a team and on your own in a maintenance / building contractors role.
- Previous experience of repairing of various equipment and materials, painting, decorating, plumbing, carpentry and basic wiring work.
- Preferably hold a City & Guilds qualification or equivalent in Carpentry or plumbing.
- A working knowledge of health and safety requirements and safe working practices.
- A good practical knowledge in basic plumbing would be an advantage.
- Fluent in the English Language both verbal and written
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Paid Holiday including 2 extra days annual leave for your birthday and anniversary date
- Employee NHS - discount savings (Bluelight Card)
- Free Parking
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free Private Health Care
- Free meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com or Apply below
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.