Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Kitchen Assistant - Part Time
Cygnet Hospital Godden Green is a private mental health hospital providing specialist Acute and PICU services for women.
We are currently recruiting for a part time Kitchen Assistant to assist in the preparation, service and distribution of meals to patients, staff and visitors based at the Hospital ensuring that all catering areas are maintained in a hygienic, clean and safe manner.
We can offer flexible 2 days or 3 days a week contract however you must be able to work from 8am to 6pm.
We also operate a free shuttlebus service to pick up/drop off staff from the local train stations in Sevenoaks for those using public transport if required.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
In this role you’ll:
- Prepare simple meals i.e. vegetables and salad items for service under the direction of the Chef.
- Wash dishes by hand or place them in the dishwasher. Wash pots, pans, and trays. Store clean items neatly and safely to minimise breakages.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors, keeping them free from grease or spillage at all times.
- Wash work tables, walls and kitchen equipment and appliances in accordance with cleaning schedules. Sign off cleaning schedule on completion of tasks.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Operate all kitchen equipment within competence safely and in accordance with instructions.
- Segregate and remove rubbish and place it in designated containers.
- Put supplies away in the correct place and lock storerooms and cupboards. Leave kitchen tidy, clean and secure.
- Comply with company policy in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety, completing and storing all records as outlined in the food policy HACCP.
- Be aware of, implement and maintain company procedures and processes as appropriate.
- Perform such other duties as may be reasonably required.
We're looking for people who have:
- Previous catering experience
- Food and Hygiene qualification desirable though training will be given
- Practical ability of preparing simple meals.
- Must be fluent in the English Language both written and verbal
- Excellent customer services skills
- Be a good communicator and able to liaise with people at all levels.
- Knowledge of maintaining a clean, tidy, safe and hygienic environment.
- Ability to work well within a team
In return we’ll offer you:
- Paid Holiday
- Free Shuttlebus service from Sevenoaks train station for those commuting using public
- Free Private Health Care
- Free meals on duty
- Employee Discount Scheme
- A package of support for staff health and wellbeing
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and
If you are interested, please forward your CV to email@example.com or apply below
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.