Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Unleash your passion for Mental Health!
Are you ready to make a real difference in people’s lives?
Are you passionate about working with individuals struggling with mental health and do you have a heart for helping individuals navigate various challenges?
Join our social work team at Cygnet Ealing Hospital - New Dawn Ward!
Job Title: Inpatient Mental Health Social Worker
Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. With us, you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work. So if you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you! Cygnet Hospital Ealing: Cygnet Hospital Ealing provides a welcoming, non-institutional environment, offering personalised treatment for service users with an eating disorder or personality disorder over two separate wards.
Why choose us!
Impact Lives: Every day, you’ll be the guiding light in someone’s journey to mental wellness.
Innovation: We embrace cutting-edge approaches and encourage your fresh ideas.
Supportive Team: Our dynamic and empathetic team will have your back every step of the way.
Professional Growth: Continuous learning and development opportunities await you.
Hospital-based work: Be part of a hospital-based team of like-minded individuals driven by compassion.
What you’ll do:
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and empathetic Social Worker to join our team in a challenging yet rewarding environment. As an Inpatient Mental Health Social Worker, you will be an essential part of our inpatient psychiatric unit, working closely with patients who require intensive mental health support during their stay.
You’ll be working 30 hours a week (4 days) on New Dawn Ward holding a caseload of 9 service users! No increases in caseload.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of inpatient clients within CPA programme Approach
- Collaborate with psychiatrists, nurses, OT, psychologists and other professionals to develop and implement treatment care plans.
- Facilitate family meetings and support families in understanding and coping with their loved one’s mental health challenges.
- Assist patients in accessing community resources and discharge aftercare planning.
- Maintain detailed and confidential client records.
- Advocate for clients’ rights and access to resources
- Take an active role in safeguarding within the multidisciplinary team
- Provide written reports to the multidisciplinary team and other professionals
- To offer a wide range of social work interventions to individuals, families and carers ensuring interventions and practices which reflect anti-discriminatory practice.
- A Registered Social Worker with Social Worker England
- A relevant Social Work qualification
- Experienced in working within a mental health setting, or passionate about working in this field
- Knowledgeable of safeguarding, health & safety, data protection, confidentiality issues & equality & diversity
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Skilled in report writing with excellent literacy skills and attention to detail
We’ll offer you…
Strong career progression opportunities, including into management roles Monthly reflective practice, expert supervision & peer support Employee referral scheme Pension scheme “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below Join us! In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.