Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Regional Quality Manager
We have an opportunity for a Regional Quality Manager to join our team at Cygnet Healthcare covering our sites across the North west, midlands ,Leeds Bradford and Manchester.
This role is a regional role working full time. This will be a health and social care role working across mental health hospitals and care homes.
At Cygnet Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients / residents and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals. Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient / resident care with us. Previous experience of working in a mental health facility and in a similar role or working as a Registered Manager / Hospital Manager is essential.
Key Tasks – Summary
The Regional Quality Managers roles have been designed to support and assist senior managers in the delivery of a high quality service by:
- Using a measured approach (e.g. KPI trends) to develop quality at local level through use of Overarching Local Action Plans and other quality improvement tools.
- Maintaining and improving corporate standards, policy and procedures relating to Regulatory guidance, good practice and Legislation.
- Ensuring documentation is maintained in a standard and consistent format company-wide. To complete full quality review annually and five thematic reviews per annum.
- Monthly visits to the allocated services in liaison with the Director of Quality Assurance, Deputy Director of Quality Assurance, Line Manager and Operations Director.
- Working alongside Registered Managers highlight service deficiencies, non-conformities and risk, providing support to develop action plans to rectify. Advising on local systems and procedures required for service management and audit.
- Supporting local units, sharing learning and best practice by attending and participating in local integrated governance meetings within their region.
- Advising on training requirements as a result of legislative or regulatory requirements.
- To work closely with all relevant parties to coordinate operational audit activity within the region and ensure copies of the reports are held as evidence learning is communicated to all relevant parties
- Collating centrally and distributing company wide information/advice in support of other key tasks.
We're looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- Experience of working within a similar role
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A full driving licence Healthcare experience is essential
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.