Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Bakery Project Assistant
We are looking for an outstanding Bakery Project Assistant who is passionate about food and wants to make a difference.
You’ll be working full time, 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday at our bakery project at Kirkside Lodge, creating an excellent learning experience for the people in our care, supporting and teaching the service users how to bake.
**Due to a genuine occupational need we are only able to accept applicants with a full, clean driving license for this role**
**Experience in a bakery/hospitality essential, some experience in supporting individuals with learning disabilities desired but not essential**
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
- Able to assist the lead to run the project on a day to day basis
- Able to be diverse in their approach and support residents according to care plans
- Have positive and good communication skills with colleagues and residents
- Driver - the assistant picks up and takes home the service users
- Able to take the lead when bakery lead is on annual leave
- Help ensure the bakery is health and safety compliant by completing checks and reporting when necessary
- Manage accounts and finances when lead is off
- Help ensure paperwork is completed and up to date
- Experience of working with bakery machinery and baking skills desirable
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- Experienced in the care sector
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude to internal & external quests at all times
- An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
- Able to work under your own initiative, as part of a team & under supervision
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.