Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Occupational Therapist (Band 5) - Maternity Cover
Are you an Occupational Therapist who would like to explore a rewarding career experience?
Cygnet Group was established in 1988 as an independent provider of health and social care services in England, Scotland and Wales.
Job role: Occupational Therapist (Band 5) - Maternity Cover (9 months' cover with scope to extend)
Salary: £28,000 per annum (Pro Rata)
Working hours: 16-24 hours per week (any 2 days or 3 days p/w)
Service Line: Learning Disability Mental Health
Summary of the site
Cygnet Cedars is a 24-bed high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities, associated complex needs and who may have behaviours that challenge. We accept emergency referrals and the team are experienced in managing them quickly and efficiently to ensure the transition for each individual is as smooth as possible.
Please see video introduction to Cygnet Cedars here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVIn1-8o4T8
Within the hospital are two step-down single occupancy flats. With their own lounge, kitchen, en-suite bedroom and their own front door this allows for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
Each individual in our care begins a personalised care pathway that helps them develop the necessary skills to leave our service and move towards a less restrictive setting.
Cygnet Cedars is centrally located in Bordesley Green, just 3 miles away from Birmingham City Centre. With great transport links on the doorstep, the individuals have an extensive array of local amenities including leisure centre, gyms, shopping centres, workplace settings and colleges.
Occupational Therapy Directorate
Under the leadership of our occupational therapy directors we support over 150 Occupational Therapists. Working together as a large team we provide support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development.
Every service line has a clinical lead occupational therapist to lead and develop evidence based practice and agreed occupational therapy pathway.
We ensure our occupational therapists have a voice through participating in service model development, utilising the expertise and support of our clinical lead occupational therapists.
For more insight into life as an OT at Cygnet Health Care visit;
Here you can listen to the opinions, stories and advice from our exceptional OTs – it could help the next step in your career.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about people in our services
- Expert clinical supervision and protected time for a weekly 1:1 with your clinical supervisor
- Induction & service line training in area of specialism
- Dedicated CPD time for peer support, skill development and specialist training
- We support and develop you to build skills and confidence for the next level in your career.
- Qualified in Occupational Therapy – degree, diploma or equivalent
- HPCP registered and a member of a professional body
- An excellent communicator with first-rate interpersonal skills & a positive approach
- Experienced in OT processes/interventions & can take a hands-on approach
- Preferably experienced in the field of mental health
- Empathetic, sensitive & able to remain calm in challenging situations
- Highly organised & clear, professional & concise report writer
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Free parking
- Free meals for staff on duty
- Relocation package available
- Group pension plan helping you save for your future
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card (includes big brand discounts)
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Plus much more…
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
If you would like to discuss this role with the recruiting occupational therapist or arrange an informal visit, we’d be more than happy to facilitate this. Please contact: Rebecca Griffiths on 01623 741730.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Recruitment agencies please note: Speculative emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.