Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Specialist Occupational Therapist (Band 6)
Are you a confident Band 6 Occupational Therapist who would like to explore a more rewarding clinical challenge in Female Acute Mental Health? Are you ready to develop your clinical skills and join a friendly and supportive team of OTs and OTAs who are driven to provide excellence?
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Post: Specialist (Band 6) Occupational Therapist
Salary: £39,000 per year
Base: Cygnet Stevenage Female Acute ward - Orchid
- 14 service users
- Supervision of an OTA for Acute ward
- Supervision of band 5 OT on PICU wards
Responsible to: Head of OT and Regional Lead OT
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Cygnet Hospital Stevenage, Gravely Road, Stevenage, Herts SG1 4YS
Overview of site:
The hospital operates as a medium secure unit and runs PICU/Acute service line runs within this framework. Our site has a wide range of therapeutic resources where service users can develop their daily living skills in a bespoke environment. This includes a Recovery College, ADL kitchen, a large gym, therapeutic garden, football pitch, music production studio and many other therapeutic spaces. Service users are encouraged to extend their community skills with easy transport links from the hospital, and a thriving local town centre.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly. You will be an integral member of the Multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and OT dept whilst working autonomously with the support of an OTA. The MDT wrap around the service to support the individuals in our care throughout their journey with us to capture and manage risk and relapse in community.
The ward team consists of nurses, psychologists, psychology assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, social workers and psychiatrists as well as 24/7 support from the nursing team and support workers. This means that we are able to meet the changing needs of our service users as they progress through their care pathway, while ensuring their safety is maintained and their independence supported.
If you feel you suit the criteria, then please make an application today. For an informal discussion about the role please contact our Specialist Recruitment Consultant, Alma Matei on AlmaMatei@cygnethealth.co.uk.
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into including Mental Health, Neuropsychiatry, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression- within the company we support your development, including sensory integration preceptorship, leadership and management apprenticeships and specific OT training ( e.g MOHOST, VDT MOCA, case formulation)
- You will be an integral part of a large, well established MDT with extensive experience to draw from
- Dedicated CPD time- become part of a national network of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
- You will be a part of a friendly and supportive team of OTs, OTAs and a tutor who are driven to provide excellence. In our team innovation and creativity are welcomed with enthusiasm.
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- RCOT Membership
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
- Ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentation
- Experienced in the field of adult mental health
- Currently working as a band 5 or 6 and looking for a new challenge
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary £39,000
- Free parking and free meals for staff on duty
- Free circuit training sessions with a PT (x3 weekly), and access to hospital gym
- Free access to music production studio
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership & Management, and Sensory Modulation.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert clinical supervision from Regional Lead and peer support
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Employee referral scheme: recommend a friend to us and claim a cash reward for their successful hire.
- Group pension: a generous pension plan helping you save for your future.
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card – includes big brand discounts.
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Dedicated on site staff support and wellbeing practitioners
- Simply health – free health care cash plan including access to free counselling services.
- Plus much more…
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.