Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech And Language Therapist
Speech and Language Therapist (CAMHS Inpatient)
Salary £27500- £29000 dependent on experience
Permanent 40 hours per week
Location: Cygnet Hospital Bury, Manchester BL8 2BS
Please be aware, interviews will take place on-site for this post.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with a passion for delivering outstanding care and treatment, to join us at our CAMHS service at Cygnet Hospital Bury.
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a CAMHS service supporting young people aged between 12-18 with a range of mental health needs in low secure, psychiatric intensive care and acute environments. The aim of the service is to help young people stabilise and return home as soon as possible.
Choose a new a role that has the opportunities you need to grow.
At Cygnet Health Care our reputation for quality and innovation makes us an excellent choice at this key time in your career. In your role as an SLT in our team, you’ll be enabled to build your clinical knowledge, skills and experience whilst making a real difference to service user outcomes.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- A Diploma/Degree in Speech and Language Therapy and Current State Registration with HCPC and membership of professional body (RCSLT)
- Strong clinical and professional skills
- Experience or keen interest in the field of children and young people, criminal justice and Mental Health Conditions
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
Five reasons why you should make an application today…
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will assess, diagnose and play a key role in the management of young people with complex communication needs, behaviours that challenge and other diagnosed / undiagnosed conditions. Under the guidance of the supervising SLT, you will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful total communication environment. Low caseload numbers enable you to provide focused support.
- You will have the opportunity to progress your career under the guidance of an experienced clinical supervisor and clinical team.
- We offer additional support to newly and recently qualified SLTs through the delivery of a development programme, which will enable you develop your knowledge and skills and evidence your competencies.
- You will have access to the resources you need to deliver the highest quality service and maintain an inclusive communication environment.
- You will have access to a network of over 55 SLTs in the Cygnet Group working within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, Learning Disability, Autism, Brain Injury and inpatient CAMHS.
In return we’ll offer you:
- Support with your NQP competencies, including access to an NQP Forum
- An immediate peer network of SLTs working within Cygnet CAMHS locations
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Routine service meetings with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists
- Meal provision on duty
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre including Blue light cards, gym memberships and much more!
- Pension scheme
- Full induction training
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion or to find out more, please contact Celia Jarvis, Recruiter on 07702 847 341 or Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT (Healthcare) on 07885 476 384.
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.