Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD)
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 37.5 hours a week at Cygnet Hospital Maidstone. This is our state-of-the-art, 63 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
You will be working on Saltwood Ward.This ward provides a 16 bed low secure service for men with enduring mental illness, including those with a personality disorder at our hospital in Kent, Cygnet Hospital Maidstone.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Most of our sites provide free meals on shift
- Free parking
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.