Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Specialist Speech And Language Therapist
Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Salary £35,500 - £41,000
Two positions available
40 hours per week
Cygnet Group is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a Speech and Language Therapist. We offer excellent training opportunities, accelerated learning as well as a variety of staff benefits. These positions are available at Broughton House and Satellite Homes.
Broughton House is a 29-bed specialist residential service for autistic adults who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration.
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will have a unique opportunity to lead on the development and delivery of an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within a residential setting. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use expert skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful inclusive communication environment. You will be accountable to the Director of Speech and Language Therapy (Social Care) and the therapy manager at Broughton House for line management.
This role is suitable for an experienced band 5 motivated to take their first step into a Band 6 role and interested developing their experience of working with Adult Learning Disability and Autism.
Skills and experience in the management of Eating, Drinking and Swallowing difficulties is desirable.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Experience in the field of Leaning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Knowledge of different forms of AAC
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic, motivated and passionate
- Dysphagia competencies (desirable)
In return we offer:
- Monthly Clinical Supervision, weekly 1-2-1s
- CPD, developmental opportunities and accredited training in core approaches such as Makaton, PECs, social stories and more!
- Paid RCSLT CEN membership via Basecamp.
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team consisting of nursing, OT, psychology and psychiatry. You will also work alongside 2 SLTs and 1 SLT assistant.
- Routine service meetings with over 50 SLTs but also like minded SLTs working in similar settings.
- Meal provision on duty and free parking
- Company pension and employee reward scheme including NHS discounts and much more!
Full induction training is given. You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and just like our service users you will be learning all the time through our on-going mentoring and support.
For an informal discussion or to find out more, please contact Celia Jarvis, Recruiter on 07702 847 341 or Carla Bartlett, Director of SLT (Social Care) on 07803248026.
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Please note this position may close early on receipt of sufficient applications.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.