Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Group Head of Health and Safety - Home Based
We are looking for a professional, conscientious Group Head of Health & Safety to help maintain a safe & healthy environment for our service users.
We need an expereinced Health and Safety Manager to join our team on a full time, 42 hour per week basis.
This is a National role, which requires regular presence on site across the portfolio and attendance at the Millbank office where necessary.
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
The Group Head of Health & Safety will be responsible for providing professional health & safety leadership within Cygnet Health Care and to all groups of staff – from the H&S Team to staff within our services, those located within our offices through to the CEO and Board.
The Group Head of Health & Safety will take a lead in developing, implementing and managing the necessary health & safety, asset management and statutory compliance.
- Act as the Responsible Person for all health and safety matters across Cygnet Health Care, identifying and responding to current legal and best practice requirements.
- Bring company related health and safety matters to the attention of the Director of Risk Management and Board.
- Work with their team and relevant colleagues in Property over the full range of their duties and responsibilities, with respect to risk assessments, audits, resulting actions, and changes in legislation, standards and advice.
- Have oversight of the day to day health and safety of facilities including but not limited to oversight of fire risk, mandatory and regulatory checks, water quality, and all aspects of health and safety.
- Ensure that compliance is maintained across the portfolio and to work with operational and property teams to support the delivery the highest achievable compliance at all times.
- Support their team to review and develop all aspects of Cygnet Health Care’s health & safety policies.
- Monitor, evaluate, and review existing, new and upcoming health and safety legislation and ensure that systems and procedures are in place to meet legal compliance and other requirements.
We are looking for someone who is...
- Significant experience working in hard FM or property in an SHEQ related role, with a good working knowledge of the health or care industry
- Demonstrable experience of building, managing and leading teams to achieve deadlines and targets within a multi-site organisation
- Demonstrable experience of operating at a strategic level, reporting and influencing at board level within a complex organisation
- Demonstrable experience of leading delegated teams and collaborating with other departments to deliver positive change
- Hold membership to IOSH (Chartered) or IFSM (Member) in addition to the NEBOSH construction certificate.
- Experience of budgetary management forecast planning
- Familiarity with PPM, project works and knowledge of industry pricing
- Development of leading and lagging indicators and monitoring of performance against these, for continual improvement and management of related risk
- Experience of Fire Risk management and its practical application
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Competitive Salary
- 10% Performance Related Bonus
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.