Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Occupational Therapist (Maternity Cover)
Are you a confident Band 5/ Band 6 Occupational Therapist who would like to further your career with a rewarding clinical challenge in a Psychiatric Unit?
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Post: Fixed term 1 year, Band 5/6 Occupational Therapist (D.O.E)
Salary: Up to £35,392 p.a. D.O.E
Base: Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke, BS22 9UZ
- Providing clinical supervision to members of the Occupational Therapy department and management of ward therapy provision.
- Providing direct clinical care to individuals and assessing, implementing and developing an OT treatment programme according to individual’s identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly within the multidisciplinary team.
Responsible to: Head of Occupational Therapy
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – flexible hours considered
Location: Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke, Beach Road, Weston-Super-Mare, BS22 9UZ
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men, acute services for men and women, a rehabilitation service for men and a specialist service for females diagnosed with personality disorder.
Kewstoke hospital has more than 16 acres of landscaped grounds and overlooks the Bristol Channel. This beachside location, just outside Weston-super-Mare, helps us provide a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic environment.
We have a designated qualified Occupational Therapist (OT) and OTA on each ward as well as Activity Coordinators to support delivery of the therapy programme around the hospital. Our environment has a holistic focus and includes a gym, ADL kitchen, IT suite, café, faith room and other ward therapeutic spaces.
The occupational therapy team focuses on enhancing practical life skills and coping strategies. We concentrate on community based activities, the use of public transport, cooking and development of hobbies and interests.
We work closely with our multi-disciplinary team to support the individuals in our care throughout their journey. The team consists of psychiatrists, nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers as well as external therapists and 24/7 support from the nursing team. This MDT working enables us to meet the changing needs of our service users as they progress through their care pathway, while ensuring their safety is maintained and their independence supported.
Cygnet Group was established in 1988. Across our 11 different service lines, we have evidence-based established models of care to ensure we provide the highest quality care and support. Our dedicated and expert teams of over 10 000 employees, support over 2800 individuals in a range of services across England, Scotland and Wales.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care, through co-production, recovery and rehabilitation.
With over 150 Occupational Therapists, we work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about the individuals in our care and our staff
- You will be joining an experienced, enthusiastic team at Kewstoke who cover five different service lines (male: acute, PICU, rehabilitation and female: acute and personality disorder and complex needs)
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills
- Regular training days for your service line and regional OT meetings for networking and CPD opportunities
- National networks of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- A member of RCOT
- Experience in the field of adult mental health
- Working as a Band 5 / Band 6 Occupational therapist
- A thorough understanding of the Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
- Ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentation
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary up to £35,392 per year DoE
- Relocation packages considered
- Free parking and free meals for staff on duty
- Employee referral scheme: recommend a friend to us and claim a cash reward for their successful hire.
- Group pension: a generous pension plan helping you save for your future.
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership & Management, and Sensory Integration.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert on site clinical supervision will be provided by Band 7 OT and Head Occupational Therapist
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card – includes big brand discounts.
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Plus much more…
Job Description and person specification
Please see full job description and person specification in the attached document.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.