Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Ward Manager (RMN or RNLD)
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager (Adarna Ward) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 37.5 hours a week at Cygnet Hospital Wyke.
Cygnet Hospital Wyke provides a comprehensive pathway of acute admissions services for men. Our team works closely and collaboratively with service users, their families and the referrer to provide a seamless pathway from referral to discharge.
Adarna Ward is our 15 bed rehabilitation service at Cygnet Hospital Wyke, for men with mental illness and a secondary diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), we also take individuals who haven’t been formally diagnosed with ASD, but who have a high clinical suspicion. Most service users we support, also present with behaviours that challenge.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Most of our sites provide free meals on shift
- Free parking
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.