Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Junior Graphic Designer (Maternity Cover)
Cygnet was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of health and social care services for young people and adults with mental health needs, acquired brain injuries, eating disorders, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a bright all-round Junior Graphic Designer to join our busy in-house graphic design studio within our specialist healthcare and social care marketing team. This position will be well suited to an individual who is enthusiastic, keen to learn and has the motivation and desire to work in a friendly, fast-paced environment.
** Please note: This role is a remote role with occassional travel to site as per the service needs **
Excellent communication skills and a positive approach to work are essential. You will work within a small and agile marketing team, and you will ensure that the company image and values are translated across all design work.
We are looking for someone who wants to focus on producing high impact creative designs that will elevate our content, engage our customers and help us stand out from the crowd.
This is a remote position and you will report to the Senior Graphic Designer.
- Production of print and digital media assets including illustrations, logos, brochures, corporate reports, publications, flyers, newsletters, posters, infographics, podcasts, adverts, conference collateral, and more
- Video editing, the ability to cut a variety of video and still content into promotional videos to be used across different platforms
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts, including making decisions about fonts, images and readability
- Managing proposals from typesetting through to graphic design, and production
- Develop eye catching social media assets, including GIFs, short-form video content, animated assets and more
- Assisting with the development of website and internal portal assets
- Act as a brand guardian for our organisation, ensuring visual consistency and alignment across all designs
- Sharp eye for detail, ensuring own work is accurate and high quality
Key Skills & Experience:
- Fluent in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Premier Pro
- A degree in a creative field or relevant experience in a graphic design role
- A flexible, positive and resilient approach to work, with the ability to work under high pressure in a fast-paced test and learn environment
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Manage your own production processes to ensure designs and projects are delivered on time and to the agreed standard
- Independently handle challenging tasks with accuracy, solid proofreading skills and attention to detail, working to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional creativity, innovation and motivation to constantly improve and push the boundaries of what’s possible
- Excellent skills in editing, composition, typography and layout
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- You’ll own a portfolio that demonstrates your outstanding design talents and your ability for conceptual thinking
A keen interest in keeping up to date on the latest industry trends and best practices, championing design innovation and creativity
Skills that are Desirable, but not Essential:
- Experience in motion graphics
- Retouching and image manipulation
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? To apply please send a Cover Letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.