Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
- We are looking for a dedicated Medical Secretary with a passion for making a difference to others.
You’ll be working part time 24 hours a week at Cygnet Sherwood House, helping ensure the safe and smooth running of services for the people in our care.
Cygnet Sherwood House is a 30 bed specialist high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men dedicated to providing a high quality environment for promoting long-term recovery. Our facilities and multi-disciplinary treatment programme are designed to assist individuals with their return to community living. Those placed with us often come from multiple placement breakdowns, failed treatment programmes or are stepping down from secure settings.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making difference to people’s lives.
- Provide a high standard of secretarial support to members of the medical team
- Maintain a good working relationship with clinicians & caring professionals
- Attend & take minutes at a variety of clinical meetings, hearings & tribunals
- Produce high quality admission & discharge summaries & tribunal reports
- Type minutes, care plan approach reports & care plan outcomes
- Create & maintain patient records & paper files
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount savings
We are looking for someone who is...
- Service orientated, with Medical Secretary experience & knowledge of mental health
- Flexible, adaptable, organised & responsible
- An excellent typist, preferably to RSA 2 level & with audio transcription skills
- Calm under pressure & able to work independently & as part of a team
- A strong written & verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word and databases
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.