Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Clinical Manager - Nurse Qualified
We are looking for a Clinical Manager (RMN/RNLD) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You will be working 40 hours per week at Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital. Hours will be predominantly Monday to Friday but the role does require flexibility. There is also participation on the local on-call rota.
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital is our state-of-the-art Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) hospital in Coventry.
The service supports young people aged between 12 and 18 with mental health needs in low secure, psychiatric intensive care and acute environments. The aim of the service is to help young people stabilise and return home as soon as possible.
The development of the service including the environment and names of the wards has been co-produced with CAMHS experts by experience, carers and young people from our other CAMHS services within Cygnet.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Ensure that the highest standard of clinical care is provided, therapeutically based on a named nurse/team nursing approach
- Co-ordinate clinical aspects of the hospital and to ensure a sound co-operation between the clinical departments in the interests of delivering an excellent service to patients
- To be conversant with, and implement, all relevant policies, procedures and regulations, whether clinical or administrative or representing interface between the two areas
- Update legal documentation in consultation with other colleagues in accordance with company guidelines, NMC guidelines, legislation and current research
- Support staff in delivering a high standard of care through regular appraisals, training and development of evidence/research based practice
- To be fully up to date with all statutory law, eg. CQC minimum standards, and to do whatever is necessary to ensure that the hospital complies
- Participate in the Manager's on-call system to provide the second point of contact for ward based staff, outside of normal working hours
- To have day-to-day line management responsibility for the clinical team at Cygnet Hospital Joyce Parker.
- To work closely with the Hospital Manager to respond to matters arising, resolve concerns and provide cohesive leadership.
- To act up as required by the Hospital Manager
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Competitive DOE
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Plus many more
You will have...
- Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) / Registered Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD) with a valid pin number (at least 4 years experience) and drivers' licence
- Understand responsibility to statutory and non-statutory organisations and able to communicate confidently at all levels
- Currently operating as a Clinical Manager / Ward manager or have significant experience in a Senior Nursing role
- Excellent relationship management with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. CCGs and CQC)
- Have experience in Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Neurological or similar services.
- Have evidence of functioning in a supervisory role as a clinician in a similar setting within a multi-disciplinary team
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years
Please note: We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.