Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
CBT Therapist - Part time
Are you an outstanding Therapist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a CBT Therapist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our service users – it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton:
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is rated ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) with inspectors praising staff for their ‘safe, person-centred care’. The hospital is a gender specific hospital for women with complex mental health needs.
- Work as a team Therapist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
- To provide a psychotherapeutic service to wards at Cygnet Beckton including assessment and formulation, therapeutic intervention, implementation and monitoring of outcomes
- To offer a range of evidence based individual and group therapeutic interventions within the service
- To provide reflective practice to staff so as to support service users from diverse backgrounds in building the life worth living by working to create a psychologically safe and trusting environment
- To undertake service evaluation, audit and research as necessary
- To contribute to service development through new, evidence-based initiatives
- To work as an autonomous professional within (e.g. BPS/HCPC/BACP) guidelines and codes of conduct, and guided by principles and policies of the service, following and contributing to the development of service procedures.
- To work within NICE guidelines
We are looking for someone who is...
- Registered Psychotherapist – post graduate diploma level or equivalent
- Experience within DBT therapy preferred however training can be provided
- Experience working in secure settings
- Experience of 1:1 work with individuals with complex needs
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments including the HCR-20
- Experience of delivering group based interventions
- Experience of MDT working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.