Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Clinical / Counselling / Forensic Psychologist
Are you an outstanding Qualified Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Clinical / Counselling / Forensic Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Wast Hills:
Located in Kings Norton, Birmingham, Cygnet Wast Hills provides support for 21 individuals with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. The team can also support individuals who may be detained under the Mental Health Act, as well as those who have complex behaviours, or who have significant difficulties with social engagement. We accept emergency referrals and the team is experienced in managing them quickly and efficiently to ensure the transition for the individual is as smooth as possible.
- Work as a team Psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues, & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with experience in a clinical forensic or mental health setting
- Candidates due to qualify within 6 months will also be considered
- Preferably trained in some complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT but not essential
- Experience and an interest working with autism and learning disabilities.
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems and other challenging behaviours.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.