Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for an Assistant Psychologist (12 Month Fixed Term Contract) to join our team at Broughton House and Satelites.
Cygnet Broughton House:
Broughton House and the extended services provide specialist residential services with multidisciplinary support (psychology, psychiatry, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy) for adults with autism and severe intellectual disabilities, who may also present with challenging behaviours.
Broughton House is split into five homes and provides a specialist home for 29 residents. There are a further six satellite homes within the region that provide specialist homes for a further 46 residents. There are two assistant psychologists working across the service together with a qualified psychologist.
- To undertake psychological assessment, report writing, clinical formulation and psychological interventions under the direction and supervision of the nominated clinician who holds clinical responsibility.
- To facilitate clinical and therapeutic input into Cygnet settings by assisting qualified staff (i.e. clinical/forensic psychologists), with assessment, report writing, positive behavioural support schedules, functional analysis and specific assessments as deemed appropriate by the Clinician.
- To contribute to regular MDT reviews for residents.
- To undertake any tasks, duties and projects that are deemed necessary to support the smooth-running of residents’ care programmes, baseline assessments and specific therapies with supervision from the Psychologist.
- To assist in clinically related administration, conduct of audits, collection of statistics, development of audit and / or research projects, teaching and project work as agreed and delegated by the Psychologist.
- To act as a liaison point between the Psychology team and care staff in Cygnet settings.
The post holder will be based in:
Cygnet Broughton House, Brant Broughton, Lincolnshire.
The post holder will be expected to cover and support the Broughton House extended services (Newark, Mansfield, Leicester and Retford). This will require travel to the extended services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following appropriate induction and under direction and supervision, to undertake protocol based psychological assessments of residents including psychometric tests, structured risk assessments, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with residents and others involved in the client’s care.
- To undertake any administrative tasks that may assist the clinical team’s work into Cygnet settings.
- To carry a caseload of residents, and undertake prescribed interventions with them, evaluate outcomes and write appropriate progress reports.
- To act as a point of liaison between the clinical team and residential staff where appropriate.
- To carry out research, audit and service evaluation under supervision.
- To support the development and use of clinical team databases as required using IT and statistical programmes under supervision.
- To complete literature searches, collate resources and information, and engage in other tasks as requested by the clinical team.
- To facilitate the role of the clinical team input into Cygnet settings by helping staff to work through baseline assessment and care programmes with residents.
- To write reports as appropriate that provides summaries of assessment or intervention, as overseen and endorsed by the Psychologist.
- To maintain comprehensive clinical notes and consultation records as required. This includes case files and electronic record system.
- To work within professional standards of practice in consultation with the post-holder’s professional manager and in accordance with professional codes of practice of the British Psychological Society and Cygnet requirements.
- To undertake any other duties as required to support the running of the service
- As required to deliver group and individual interventions
- To deliver training to staff, such as on the staff induction training
- We’re looking for someone who is…
- Degree qualified in Psychology (2:1 or above) or equivalent
- BPS (British Psychological Society) Accredited
- Preferably experienced in health care and/or in an Assistant Psychologist role
- Passionate about learning and working as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Qualified to Master’s degree level or higher in Psychology (preferable)
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary: £25,150 Per Anum
- Company pension scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre e.g. NHS card
- Free meals
- Internal and external CPD opportunities
- Opportunities to become involved in research
- Clinical supervision and peer support
Contracted hours: 40 per week
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
This vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.