Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech And Language Therapy Assistant (12 months FTC)
Speech & Language Therapy Assistant
Part-time, 30 hours per week (flexible working pattern)
Fixed-term (12 months from appointment)
Salary: £18,863 (£25,150 FTE)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant to join Cygnet Hospital Bury CAMHS.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist assistant with a passion for delivering outstanding care and treatment, to join us at our CAMHS service at Cygnet Hospital Bury.
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a CAMHS service supporting young people aged between 12-18 with a range of mental health needs in low secure, psychiatric intensive care and acute environments. The aim of the service is to help young people stabilise and return home as soon as possible.
We are looking for a caring and motivated individual to work as part of the Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) team at Cygnet Hospital Bury on a part-time basis, to support the communication needs of individuals at this location. This post will combine clinical and administrative support roles; you will be working directly with individuals or groups, under the direction of a Speech and Language Therapist (SLT), report on progress, provide support with resources for individuals, and contribute to the development and maintenance of an accessible communication environment. You will receive regular supervision and, as part of the Cygnet SLT service, be eligible for training.
We are looking for some with:
- An interest in Speech and Language Therapy
- Experience in the field of Mental health, learning disability and/or autism desirable
- A genuine desire to help others
- Ability to follow and comply with delegated tasks
- Excellent communication & time management skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and passion
In return we offer:
- Opportunities for your own learning and development
- Clinical Supervision from a Speech and Language Therapist
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employee rewards, discount benefits scheme including Blue Light Card and NHS discounts
- Company pension scheme
- Full induction training is given
- Free meals and parking on site
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
Closing date: one month
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.