Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech And Language Therapy Assistant (6 Month FTC)
Speech and Language Therapist Assistant (Autism Residential)
Salary: £25,150 per year
Fixed term contact 6 months
Full time 40 hours per week
Location: Amberwood, BH14 9JN
Nightingale, BH6 3PX
Oakhurst Lodge, SO40 7AW
We are looking for an enthusiastic and interested individual to join our team as a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant. Working across our specialist residential services, the successful post holder role will work under the guidance of a qualified SLT and support requests from Oakhurst Lodge, Amberwood and Nightingale. These services are located in Southampton, Bournemouth and Poole.
The successful post holder will have an agreed base but workload will span all homes; being a car driver is desirable and any expenses will be reimbursed. This post will combine clinical and administrative support roles: you will be supported to work directly with individuals to deliver therapy programmes, under the direction of a Speech and Language Therapist (SLT), support the SLT in embedding any communication recommendations into the homes and be expected to spend time with staff modelling how to use specific techniques that enhance communication and interaction. You will spend a large proportion of your time creating visual resources for individuals and developing the inclusive communication environments in all locations. You will receive monthly supervision and weekly 1-2-1 session with your clinical supervisor.
We are looking for some with:
- An interest in Speech and Language Therapy
- Experience in the field of learning disability and/or autism
- A genuine desire to help others
- Ability to follow and comply with delegated tasks
- Excellent communication & time management skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and passion
In return we offer:
- Opportunities for your own learning and development
- Clinical Supervision from a Speech and Language Therapist
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employee rewards, discount benefits scheme including Blue Light Card and NHS discounts
- Company pension scheme
- Full induction training is given
- Free meals and parking on site
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
Closing date: one month
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.