Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Senior Software Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Developer to join our IT Team at Cygnet. Working closely on our bespoke electronic patient record, you will work with Clinical Systems to build and develop user friendly and intuitive applications that support clinical outcomes and high quality care.
Working arrangements: Working from home considered with travel to sites for necessary meetings.
About the role
Supporting the Development Manager, you will contribute to an application development strategy which supports the objectives of the organisation in improving access to information and streamlined processes.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of technical development projects, leading on the assessment, design, implementation, testing and transition of those projects into a live environment.
Working within a dedicated team, you will understand and gather requirements. This will require translating end user requirements into highly technical specifications, which in turn will need to be communicated to and understood by a wide range of staff, including clinical and admin staff, senior managers and operations colleagues.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with limited guidance to deliver working bespoke application solutions in line with user needs, referring to the Principle Software Engineer when appropriate.
- Assists in the planning of the Applications team work programme, including estimation of design, programming and support activities.
- Uses best practice UI/UX principles to achieve user friendly systems with great user experience and quality.
- Provide design, code, test, and analysis of software programs for applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. Including system testing and analysis, user acceptance testing, deployment and provide education and training to customers.
- High proficiency in the system environments and application programming languages used within application development for integration; these are currently:
- C#.NET, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, .NET Core, MVC
- MS SQL Server
- Produces systems in line with NHSx DTAC and FHIR guidelines.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.