Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Are you an experience Kitchen Assistant looking for their next challenge?
We are currently recruiting for a full time Catering Assistant to assist in the efficient preparation, service and distribution of meals to patients, staff and visitors.
You will work 40 hours per week across 7 days supporting the hospital Cook.
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood:
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood is our new state-of-the-art PICU and Acute hospital for men, in Nottingham. The service will be opening in January 2024.
The service will feature three wards, including a 12 bed PICU ward and two 16 bed acute wards. Cygnet Hospital Sherwood will have a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and will support the acute needs of adults requiring rapid access to mental health services, including those who may need an intensive care environment
In this role you’ll:
- Prepare simple meals i.e. vegetables and salad items for service under the direction of the Cook.
- Wash dishes by hand or place them in the dishwasher. Wash pots, pans, and trays. Store clean items neatly and safely to minimise breakages.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors, keeping them free from grease or spillage at all times.
- Wash work tables, walls and kitchen equipment and appliances in accordance with cleaning schedules. Sign off cleaning schedule on completion of tasks.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Operate all kitchen equipment within competence safely and in accordance with instructions.
- Segregate and remove rubbish and place it in designated containers.
- Put supplies away in the correct place and lock storerooms and cupboards. Leave kitchen tidy, clean and secure.
- Comply with company policy in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety, completing and storing all records as outlined in the food policy HACCP.
- Be aware of, implement and maintain company procedures and processes as appropriate.
- Perform such other duties as may be reasonably required.
We're looking for people who have:
- Previous catering experience
- Food and Hygiene qualification desirable though training will be given
- Practical ability of preparing simple meals.
- Must be fluent in the English Language both written and verbal
- Excellent customer services skills
- Be a good communicator and able to liaise with people at all levels.
- Knowledge of maintaining a clean, tidy, safe and hygienic environment.
- Ability to work well within a team
In return we’ll offer you:
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.