Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - Hooper Ward
We are looking for Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMN) to join our dynamic and forward thinking team on Hooper Ward.
Hooper Ward is Cygnet Hospital Beckton’s 12 bed acute mental health service for women. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for individuals who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission
The post offers successful candidates a unique opportunity to develop their skills across specialities, such as DBT, and knowledge from other specialist pathways all under one roof.
Our robust induction and preceptorship processes for Newly Qualified Nurses, as well as our ongoing training and support for more experienced Nurses, ensure that staff working within the service are able to build and strengthen their career goals.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London and has a “good” overall CQC rating. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; Acute, PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs. This is a forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and embraces new ways of working; we are looking for staff who share our passion for new ideas and are willing to drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
- Develop therapeutic relationships alongside service users and carers to motivate and influence service users drive for recovery
- Collaborate with others to ensure the delivery of safe and clinically effective care
- Apply skilled and meaningful interventions based on assessed needs
- Maintain contemporaneous records and care plans for service users
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
£22.20 per hour
- Increase in hourly rate after 18 months of employment
- Up to £3,000 relocation package
- Full time contract of 38.5 hours per week
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% of NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free Meals
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to work” scheme
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
You will have…
- Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Interest in learning and applying psychological interventions such as DBT
- Ward specific experience e.g. Personality Disorder
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.