Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Do you like new challenges? Are you excited about new technology? Are you looking for a new role that stretches your talents? Then this could be the role for you.
Cygnet was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of health and social care services for young people and adults with mental health needs, acquired brain injuries, eating disorders, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
A reporting professional with proven track record of supporting an organisation wide reporting strategy, supporting the needs of customers’ within a self-service environment, report requirements gathering and writing, BI Development and strong knowledge of database and reporting technologies.
You will help us gather business requirements and translate them into technical ones, support in the data design and architecture, model complex datasets, create interactive data visualisations and support in transforming Cygnet into a data driven business.
This role is a hybrid role with occassional travel to our offices in Birmingham and London.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple stakeholders to understand, interpret and translate constant business requirements
- To create, develop and maintain business intelligence reports
- Promote the self-service standard reporting culture
- Promote the use of BI tools and concepts across the organisation
- Create Ad hoc data analysis requests using Excel, SSRS and Power BI
- Creating and managing Power BI workspaces and Apps and maintain existing SSRS reports
- The point of contact for several business areas and becoming a trusted partner in evaluating and delivering their outcomes into requirements.
- To communicate and convey complex information in plain English both written and verbal
- Develop, an understanding of several areas of the business to be able to act as their point of contact and reporting liaison and to add value to the shaping of requirements and handling of report requests.
- Designing and implementing reporting applications
- Converting identified existing reporting applications to a standardised infrastructure using standard SQL and MS BI products
- Support the Business in understanding the data journey by being an advocate for the Analytics tools and solutions
- Work closely with the Data Engineers to validate data from pipelines
- Documentation of BI architecture, policies and procedures
- Ensuring system changes are managed and signed off in accordance with the teams change management process
- Support junior members of the team
- Bring new ideas and expertise to support in developing the team
- Assess new and relevant technologies on the horizon
- To create opportunities of report automation
- To create or recommend reporting solutions to support business areas
- Effective, approachable and sensitive communicator in different communities and cultures
- Ability to adapt style and approach to meet the needs of different audiences.
- To attend for work reliably and punctually and to follow a work pattern as required fulfilling the role, which may include working overtime if the need arises.
- To know where to access policies, to keep yourself up to date with all procedures and policy changes and to be aware of and follow their contents.
- To develop your own and your teams, practice through the supervision and appraisal process, ensuring your continuous professional development needs are identified and addressed.
- Use an appropriate level of confidentiality where personal information is involved with regard to both individuals in our care and employees.
- To ensure that people with whom you have contact have equal opportunities, to acknowledge their individual differences and uphold their rights and responsibilities, including the right not to be discriminated against, as set out in law and by policies.
- To carry out, as and when required, any additional tasks and responsibilities as are reasonably compatible with this job description and its objectives.
- A duty exists (under Health & Safety legislation) to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and that of others. This implies taking positive steps to understand the hazards in the workplace, to evaluate and take action to reduce the risks. It is expected that you comply with safety rules and procedures and to ensure that nothing you do, or fail to do, puts yourself or others at risk.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure that everything possible is done to protect individuals in our care from abuse of a physical, sexual, neglectful, financial or institutional nature. This includes an absolute requirement to report any incident of this nature you witness, hear about or suspect.
To apply for this role you will need at least 2 years of real-world business experience using Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service in an enterprise environment.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.