Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Cygnet Hospital Godden Green is a private mental health hospital providing specialist Acute and PICU services for women.
We are looking for an outstanding Sous Chef who’s passionate about food and wants to make a difference.
You’ll be working 38 hours a week over 4 days on a rota basis (three 10 hour shifts and one 8 hour shift) including weekends with the earliest shift start at 7am and latest shift finish at 6pm.
We operate a free shuttlebus service to pick up/drop off staff from the local train station for those using public transport if required.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
- Assist the Head Chef in menu preparation
- Prepare, cook & serve nutritional, balanced and appetising meals
- Provide special diets, taking into account individual preferences & needs
- Lead the kitchen staff during the Head Chef`s absence
- Guide and supervise the junior kitchen staff during food preparation
- Liaise with nursing colleagues to meet patients’ nutritional & dietary needs
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, service areas & dining room
- Ensure compliance with health & safety standards and Food Hygiene Regulations
- Handle, maintain & store kitchen equipment in accordance with Cygnet procedures
- Use chemicals in line with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Annual holiday entitlement
- Free Shuttlebus service from Sevenoaks train station for those commuting using public transport
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- A skilled Chef who can work under pressure
- Preferably experienced in the care sector
- Able to plan nourishing & attractive menus within available budgets
- The holder of a food hygiene certificate, with good personal hygiene standards
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude to internal & external quests at all times
- An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
- Able to work under your own initiative, as part of a team & under supervision
- Qualified in catering to City & Guilds 706: 1 & 2 level or NVQ Level 2/3
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or email email@example.com
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.