Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Mental Health Act Administrator Assistant
Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Act Assistant to support the MHA Administrator in ensuring the legal requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 at Cygnet Harrow Hospital, which offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment.
Cygnet Hospital Harrow provides a recovery-focused service treating a wide range of mental health problems. We also offer specialist diagnostic, assessment, and inpatient services for individuals with mental health needs and who also have a dual diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
- Scrutinising section papers and checking that relevant paperwork is present and correct – reporting to the MHA Administrator any areas which require amendment
- Ensuring that diaries and spreadsheets are updated with listings of hearings
- Notifying all parties concerned regarding report deadlines and dates of hearings
- Chasing up reports for all Tribunal and Managers Hearings
- Contacting Hospital Managers and arranging their attendance at Hearings
- Assist the Tribunal Clerk when required to do so, ensuring that the room is set up, paperwork available and collecting visitors from reception and to liaise with the Tribunal panel in the absence of the Clerk
- Data input of Section within the Mental health Act spreadsheet
- Covering MHA Administrator in his/her absence
- Complete Mental Health Act Audits using Corporate Template for All Wards.
- Adapt to changes in organising new protocols for Tribunals and Managers Hearing in response to COVID - 19
- Attending Meeting in the absence of the Mental Health Administrator
- Liaise with external Agencies & the Multi-disciplinary Team within the Hospital setting
We are looking for people who have
- Previous administration experience including report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with qualifications in English and Maths
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Experience of working in a Healthcare environment alongside medical practitioners is desirable
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) is desirable
- Knowledge of compliance and auditing systems required by regulatory bodies (CQC) is desirable
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.