Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Mental Health Act Administrator Assistant (6 month Secondment)
We are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Act Administrator Assistant to join our team at Cygnet Kewstoke.
Please note: This role is a secondment opportunity for 6 months.
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides emergency admissions services for men and women, and a pathway for women to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
The hospital has more than 16 acres of landscaped grounds and overlooks the Bristol Channel. This beachside location, just outside Weston-super-Mare, helps us provide a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic environment which can offer service users a broad range of therapies including CBT, Schema Therapy, EMDR & DBT.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
- Scrutinising section papers and checking that relevant paperwork is present and correct
- Ensuring that diaries and spreadsheets are updated with listings of hearings
- Notifying all parties concerned regarding report deadlines and dates of hearings
- Chasing up reports for all Tribunal and Managers Hearings
- Contacting Hospital Managers and arranging their attendance at Hearings
- Assist the Tribunal Clerk when required to do so, ensuring that the room is set up, paperwork available and collecting visitors from reception and to liaise with the Tribunal panel in the absence of the Clerk
- Data input of Section within the Mental health Act spreadsheet
- Complete Mental Health Act Audits using Corporate Template for All Wards.
- Adapt to changes in organising new protocols for Tribunals and Managers Hearing in response to COVID - 19
- Attending Meetings
- Liaise with external Agencies & the Multi-disciplinary Team within the Hospital setting
We are looking for people who have...
- Previous administration experience including report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with qualifications in English and Maths
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Experience of working in a Healthcare environment alongside medical practitioners is desirable
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) is desirable
- Knowledge of compliance and auditing systems required by regulatory bodies (CQC) is desirable
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to email@example.com
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.