Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech & Language Therapist (Band 5/6)
Speech & Language Therapist (SLT / Specialist)
Salary: Depending on Experience
Hours: Full time / Permanent
Base: Cygnet Elms, 162-164 Streetly Road, Birmingham, B23 7BD
**We are offering a £2000 welcome bonus for this post!**
Choose a new a role that has the opportunities you need to grow.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll be exposed to the realities of healthcare delivery at the highest level, ensuring you continue to learn and build new skills as you develop. Our reputation for quality and innovation makes us an excellent choice at this key time, and means you’ll be able to build your experience whilst making a real difference to service user outcomes.
Advance your career with us in the ideal atmosphere to help you grow.
Cygnet Elms is CQC-rated “outstanding” high dependency complex care service for 10 women with learning disabilities, associated complex needs who may have behaviours that challenge. The service supports individuals who are stepping down from a more secure setting as part of their care pathway and works with them and provide personalised care to help them develop the necessary skills to leave the in-patient rehabilitation setting towards a less restrictive setting in the community. The service strives to promote individuals in making their own choices and live as independently as they are able to.
More information is available at: https://www.cygnetgroup.com/locations/cygnet-elms/
To find out more about Cygnet SLT please visit: https://join.cygnetgroup.com/slt/
We are looking for a passionate SLT to work with an exciting caseload to assess individuals’ speech language and communication needs (SLCN) in all environments. Working with individuals, you will maximise their potential and to enable them to enjoy the best possible quality of life via the delivery of an evidence-based SLT service that promotes effective functional communication, social skills development, collaborative working and an appropriate inclusive communication environment. You will be working directly with patients to assess their communication needs and provide input into their therapeutic programmes that formulate part of their wider care pathway from admission to discharge. You will be supported by the MDT and a Clinical Lead SLT to implement the approved pathway. You will receive line management onsite and access clinical supervision from an experienced SLT in this field as well as having access to a large SLT peer network. You will be part of a companywide SLT service and contribute to the service development initiatives. Supervision duties will be included as part of the role from Specialist level and above.
We're looking for people who have:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Speech and Language Therapy
- Current or upcoming registration with HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- Membership of the RCSLT (Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists)
- Experience working with individuals with Learning Disability and / or Autism
- Post-graduate qualification in the assessment and management of dysphagia (desirable)
In return we’ll offer you:
- Monthly Clinical Supervision
- A £2000 welcome bonus!
- Peer Support, generous CPD and developmental opportunities
- Access to an Amazon account and resource ordering to ensure you have the clinical resources you need to provide a high-quality service
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff Benefits including NHS Discounts, Blue Light Card, Life insurance, Free Health Cash Plan, Pension, Gym membership, 24/7 GP, free meals and onsite parking, long service awards, mortgage advice, referral bonuses
- Free meals on duty
- Full induction training is given
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
For further information about the role, please contact Katie Dixon, Recruiter (07436 256 225) or Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT & Dietetics - Healthcare (07885 476 384).
Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
Closing date: One month
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.