Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech And Language Therapist
Speech and Language Therapist
Salary £28,500 - £33,921 per year (DOE)
40 hours per week
Cygnet Group is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a Speech and Language Therapist. We offer excellent training opportunities, accelerated learning as well as a variety of staff benefits.
This post welcomes applications from SLTs graduating in 2024 who have an interest in adult learning disability and autism.
This post covers the following locations with a caseload of up to 30 people:
- Elston House - NG23 5NP
- Beeches - DN22 0BY
- Birches - NG24 4JD
- Pines - NG19 8QX
All homes provide specialist residential services for autistic adults who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration.
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will have a unique opportunity to lead on the development and delivery of an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within a residential setting. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use expert skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful inclusive communication environment. You will be accountable to the Director of Speech and Language Therapy (Social Care) and the clinical team leader at Broughton House for line management.
The service closest to your home address will be classed as your base with all other travel reimbursed.
You will be supported to further your skills, knowledge and practice in eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Strong interest in the field of Learning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Knowledge of different forms of AAC
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic, motivated and passionate
- Dysphagia competencies (desirable)
In return we offer:
- Monthly Clinical Supervision, weekly 1-2-1s
- CPD, developmental opportunities and accredited training in core approaches such as Makaton, PECs, social stories and more!
- Paid RCSLT CEN membership via Basecamp.
- Opportunity for post-basic dysphagia training in November 2024.
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team consisting of nursing, OT, psychology and psychiatry. You will also work alongside 2 SLTs and 1 SLT assistant.
- Routine service meetings with over 50 SLTs but also like minded SLTs working in similar settings.
- Meal provision on duty and free parking
- Company pension and employee reward scheme including NHS discounts and much more!
Full induction training is given. You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and just like the people we support you will be learning all the time through our on-going mentoring and support.
For an informal discussion or to find out more, please contact Katie Dixon, Recruiter on 07436 256 225 or Carla Bartlett, Director of SLT (Social Care) on 07803248026.
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Please note this position may close early on receipt of sufficient applications.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.